Lead Control Management Officer - Consumer Lending EBCE|
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer supporting our Consumer Lending (CL) group. This position sits within the Control Management organization and will support activities aligned with Evidence-Based Control Evaluation (EBCE) to drive the implementation of Wells Fargo's policies across Consumer Lending. Â Specifically, EBCE evaluates whether controls are well-designed and operating effectively. Â Our approach is tailored based on Risk and Control Self-Assessment data, and it supports proactive risk management in alignment with the Risk Management Framework. Â We perform evidence-based evaluations and document our outcomes based on applicable policies and standards.
This role will lead a team of assessors that will perform evidence-based control evaluations, and other activities as needed. Â Evaluations generally include interviews with business partners, developing narratives based on the walkthroughs, determining the most appropriate testing methodologies, crafting specific test scripts, overseeing assessors as they perform testing, formally documenting results and evidence, and reporting on findings. Â The role will also provide guidance, coaching, and feedback to control assessors, interact directly with senior business leaders, and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously under time-sensitive deliverables.
In this role, you will:
- Lead control evaluation (testing) engagements, varying in complexity and risk level, to assess control effectiveness as prescribed by internal policies and guidance
- Develop control testing strategies, identify appropriate data populations and sampling approaches, and draft detailed testing scripts
- Lead and oversee numerous assessors, including providing coaching, guidance, and feedback (but will not directly manage team members)
- Ensure overall timelines are met, assist assessors in completing control evaluations within the defined timeline, provide engagement status updates, and escalate scheduling delays as needed to senior leaders
- Assist in identifying trends across teams and communicate/escalate any potential control deficiencies discovered during the completion of the control evaluation to the appropriate stakeholder and/or leader
- Complete applicable documentation in accordance with established requirements
- Foster strong relationships with team, collaborate effectively, and partner with multiple leaders
- Coordinate with Audit, Independent Testing & Validation, COSO and possibly regulators on risk related topics
- Interface internally with the control team and line of business leadership
- Leverage knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations (i.e. control testing) and risk management processes
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong control evaluation/testing and/or Audit experience: Â Experience in assessing risk, drafting, and executing test scripts, identifying gaps between controls and in control execution, assessing issues and trends, and influencing change
- Strong risk and control fundamentals experience
- Comprehensive understanding of risk types, methodologies, and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry, including experience in RCSA
- Experience developing constructive partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to develop and negotiate solutions to issues with partners, including escalations as needed
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint
- Risk Management Certifications (i.e. CIA, CISA, CRCM, CPA, etc.)
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 800 S JORDAN CREEK PKWY West Des Moines IA
- 250 E John Carpenter Frwy Irving TX
- 2800 S Price Rd Bldg D Chandler
- 550 S 4th St Minneapolis MN
- 2200 Concord Pike Wilmington DE
- 401 S Tryon St Charlotte NC
- 3476 STATEVIEW BLVD LAKEMONT EAST B Fort Mill SC
- $111,100-154,000. Base annual salary is dependent on experience. May be considered for a discretionary bonus.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.