Principal Auditor (Lead Audit Manager)|
About this role:
Are you a critical thinker that efficiently gathers and synthesizes data/information to analyze and formulate a viewpoint? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and are detail-oriented with the ability to effectively execute assurance activities?Â The Enterprise Technology Audit Group is building an IT team of the future that supports the global coverage of Wells Fargo Information Technology.Â We are seeking inquisitive, solution-oriented professionals that are adaptable to change and are willing to drive continuous improvement in the team.
As a Lead Audit Manager at Wells Fargo you will work to identify risks and communicate clearly with cross functional partners across offices, time zones and possibly hemispheres. You will be part of a team of control experts who deliver objective and reliable results. You will be part of a highly competent and diverse team that provides independent and objective assurance, proactively monitors and address key metrics associated with audit plans, project management activities associated with audit execution, while leveraging data analytics to drive efficiency and effectiveness.Â
Audit brings a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The ETAG team focus includes coverage of all areas of Technology, including information and cyber security areas, infrastructure, platforms and applications, and governance over information technology.Â In addition, the team partners with business audit teams to address technology and information security risks in the business audits; as well as risks related to automated processes. Successful candidates will be placed on a team based on needs and their skill set/desired areas.Â
In this role, you will:
- Lead execution of the integrated audit process by diving deep into the details of your audits to develop meaningful findings and make recommendations that help in communicating technology and business risk.Â You must be able to understand complex technology and business landscape and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, and technology.
- Lead projects that are generally moderate in size and complexity
- Through your work and with strong sense of controllership, you will be a champion for positive change.Â Demonstrate an accountability and solution-oriented mindset to deliver high quality work products and apply strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Participate or lead audits in accordance with Wells Fargo Internal Audit policy
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding across multiple businesses or develops knowledge in a critical subject matter area
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environment across multiple businesses or develop subject matter knowledge in critical areas of the business
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for moderately complex problems
- Identify and assess key risks and controls and develop effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited guidance
- Delivers on time, high quality work products (reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions. Ensure work-products are of high quality and ready for review by managers and more experienced leaders
- Demonstrate credible challenge, curiosity, professional skepticism, collaboration and teamwork.
- Coach more junior team members
- Develop business partnerships within Internal Audit and with teams companywide through professional communication and clear audit deliverables
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Audit, Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Audit experience within one of the following areas:Â Information security, IT governance, risk management or application security
- 3+ years of IT Audit experience
- Experience at a like-sized financial institution or accounting firm
- Understanding of banking products, services, and technologies
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a related field such as Accounting, Financial, Computer Science, or Information Systems/Management Information Systems
- Experience performing data analysis and analytics
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CISA, CISSP, CISM or other technology audit related certifications
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements
- Experience performing data analytics and analysis
- Experience with Issue Validation and Remediation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Note: May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.