John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leading public health research and consulting organization with a focus on vulnerable and underserved populations, is recruiting Bachelor’s-level graduates to serve as Project Associates for its domestic Health Services Division in its Boston MA office. The Project Associate will be responsible for administrative, research and general support for a variety of projects related to current U.S. public and community health issues, including but not limited to: health reform, healthy communities, HIV/AIDS, reproductive and sexual health, and community health planning and program development. The Project Associate will actively participate in organizing and contributing to proposals for new health-related projects at the local, state, and national levels.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated, detailed oriented, organized, adept at working under pressure, and able to work as part of a team to deliver high quality client services. Candidates should also have experience/interest in public health and be committed to supporting JSI's mission of promoting and improving health for all, with a focus on vulnerable populations. Limited travel within the U.S. may be required.
JSI is seeking diverse applicants for this position and will be hiring more than one individual with start dates between July and September, 2018.
Project Associate responsibilities vary depending on the project portfolio s/he is supporting.
The Project Associate may:
• Provide research support for projects and consultants, including environmental scans, literature reviews, web searches, and presentation of research results
• Perform data collection, analytics and database management
• Contribute to client deliverables, including report drafting, document formatting, editing, and design
• Support development, editing, and maintenance of social media content, websites, and blog posts for a variety of audiences
• Provide project coordination support, including logistical coordination and administrative support of project activities and events (interviews, meetings, trainings, workshops, webinars) and maintenance of project-related files (expense reports, purchase orders, and contracts)
• Interface with clients regarding a range of topics, from scheduling meetings to presenting work products
• Organize and contribute to proposals for new business opportunities and domestic public health projects
• Represent JSI with external audiences and clients at conferences and events
• Work collaboratively and communicate frequently with project team members locally and in other JSI offices
• Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of or interest in learning about domestic public and community health issues and working with diverse populations and/or underserved communities
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong professional and interpersonal skills including effective email and phone communication
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to conduct and synthesize online research from multiple sources
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet contribute to team and organization-wide efforts
• Proficient in MS programs (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google products (Drive, Gmail, Docs)
Additional desired qualifications
• Data collection through additional platforms (Google forms, Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo, Interviews, Focus Groups)
• Graphic design and data visualization skills. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Experience developing blogs/WordPress and managing social media accounts (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Hootsuite)
• Quantitative data collection, analysis and database management (experience with SAS, SPSS, Access, Google Analytics)
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.